Feeding english bulldog at home
Feedingenglish bulldog - the question is responsible. It must be solved before the puppy appears in your house.
The dog’s food system is different from the human one, therefore it is absolutely impossible to feed the English Bulldog with waste from the table.
Feeding the English Bulldog is largely subject to the general rules for feeding dogs. However, there are features that you must consider when drawing up the diet of your pet.
You can choose dry food or "naturalka" for feeding the English bulldog.
1. The basis of the diet of the English bulldog should be protein-rich foods.
2. Food for the English Bulldog should be easily digestible and non-greasy.
3. If you decide to stay on dry food, it is also called industrial food, for an English bulldog it is better to choose high-calorie food. It consists of easily digestible products that do not lead to the formation of fatty deposits - after all, English bulldogs should be strong and powerful, and not thick.
4. When choosing a dry food, it is better to choose one that is suitable for dogs with problem digestion.
5. With natural feeding, an English bulldog should receive meat daily (beef, turkey, chicken) *.
|Daily meat norm for an English bulldog puppy||59 g per 1 kg of weight|
|Daily Meat Rates for Adult English Bulldog||250 gr|
* Different types of meat can be mixed in one feed only if your pet is not allergic to any of them.
6. It is recommended to give the meat raw, after chopping it finely.It is necessary to take into account the structural features of the jaws, which cause difficulties with the quality of chewing food. It is easier for an English bulldog to swallow anything without chewing.
7. English bulldogs are prone to urolithiasis, so they can not be fed one meat, in the diet should be vegetables and cereals on the water.
8. Vegetables (beets, carrots, pumpkin, cucumbers, cabbage - in moderation) are given to the English Bulldog daily and chopped. They can be added to meat or cereal.
9. The daily volume of all food for the English Bulldog is calculated based on the formula 2 - 3% of the weight of the dog. That is, a pet weighing 24 kg should receive about 600 grams of food per day. However, it all depends on the particular dog - if your pet is getting fat or losing weight, respectively, reduce or increase the serving.
10. It is best to feed an English bulldog after a walk so that the food is digested during the dog’s sleep.
11. Remember that English Bulldogs are still finicky. And it is worth trying a forbidden, but tasty product, they will begin to demand it, refusing boring wholesome food.
Do not succumb to provocations! If the dog does not eat (and you are sure that this is not due to health problems) - remove the bowl after 15 minutes. The pet is smart enough to understand that the vagaries in this case are inappropriate - and will have to return to the usual diet.
12. English bulldogs are prone to allergies and dermatoses. If you notice disturbing signs, one by one, exclude suspicious foods from the diet to identify the “culprit”.